Gas Seal Black is four-layer loose laid, low-density polyethylene gas barrier containing an integral aluminium foil. This gas barrier protects the structure against hydrocarbon vapours, methane, carbon dioxide, radon and moisture from the ground.
Gas Seal Black can be seam welded to form a monolithic membrane, but the laps can also be sealed with a range of Gas Seal Ancillary tapes.
This product is suitable for use on ground bearing reinforced concrete slabs, suspended beam and block floors or pre-cast concrete slabs. Gas Seal Black complies with latest codes of practice as published by CIRIA and BRE.
Find out more about Gas Seal Black here.
Typical Uses of Gas Seal Black
- Effective barrier to hydrocarbon vapours & other gases from the ground
- Above & below ground bearing reinforced concrete slabs
- Suspended beam & block concrete floors
- Pre-cast concrete floors
Features & Benefits of Gas Seal Black
- Manufactured from virgin material, not recycled waste
- Separate damp proof membrane not required
- Robust jointing & sealing system
- Welded joints possible
- Single wound membrane with zero creases
- Two colour membrane for on-site quality control
- Complies with latest codes of practice published by CIRIA & BRE