Waterstop is a sodium bentonite based hydrophilic type waterstop, designed to stop water infiltration through insitu concrete construction joints. Sodium bentonite swells when in contact with water, forming an impermeable barrier. The swelling property of the product allows it to form a permanent pressure seal within the concrete joint, thus eliminating water migration over or along the Waterstop.
Waterstop for Use With Concrete Construction Joints
Waterstop is designed to replace passive PVC/Rubber type waterbars, thereby eliminating the requirement of special pieces and seam welding.
Waterstop is not designed, nor intended to function, as an expansion joint sealant.
Typical Uses of Waterstop
- Construction joints within reinforced concrete
- Puddle flange around through-wall services
Features & Benefits of Waterstop
- Swells in contact with water
- Impermeable barrier to water
- Resists 70m head of hydrostatic water pressure
- Easy to install