Krytonite has superior swelling pressure and performance and is suitable for use with regular ground water as well as salt and sulfate contaminated water. Krytonite is extremely durable and will not deteriorate over time. It can be used by itself as a single protection waterstop, or with other components of the Krystol Waterstop System as a double or triple protection option for construction joints.
Krytonite Swelling Waterstop is adhered using Krytonite Adhesive at or near the centre of the construction joint to the clean, dry, concrete surface. For added long-term protection of the outboard reinforcing steel, apply Krystol Waterstop Treatment to the concrete surface first and then adhere Krytonite to the treatment. Once this is completed, pour the concrete over on the Krytonite making it part of the concrete structure.
TYPICAL USES OF KRYTONITE SWELLING WATERSTOP
- Construction joints in concrete structures, including KIM Concrete
- Used to seal pipe and service entry penetrations through concrete structures
- Static concrete-to-concrete joints where there is any concern regarding water penetration
- Preplanned and unintended shotcrete cold joints
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF KRYTONITE SWELLING WATERSTOP
- Flexible and easy to install using Krytonite Adhesive
- Resistant to high hydrostatic pressure
- Extremely durable – will not deteriorate even with repeated wetting and drying cycles
- Innovative trapezoid shape resists dislodgement and allows better concrete consolidation
- Controlled swelling allows for concrete strength development in advance of swelling pressure
- High-performance swelling – even in contaminated water